Fun at JFK last night.
That winter storm that pounded the northeast yesterday provided quite a bit of fun! Listening to air traffic control out of JFK last night, I got to hear all of the following:
- A Turkish Airlines A340 slide off the end of runway 31L
- Medical emergencies while waiting in line to take off from JetBlue, Air France and Aeroflot
- A heated exchange between the tower an a Virgin Atlantic 747 who needed de-icing while waiting in the takeoff queue
- A flood of JetBlue planes who landed and had to sit nowhere for over two hours because every gate in their terminal was taken
- A British Airways 747 who took a wrong turn on a taxiway and ended up nose-to-nose with another British Airways 747
Who says nothing fun can happen at the airport?